used here in the sense of honoring the profound wisdom
underlying nature and the cosmos.
By honoring Sophia we adopt a holistic,
healing approach to our interaction with the environment
– recognizing also the value of the arts in supporting such an approach.
Sophia's Garden and Healing Arts Center will provide and maintain a healing, teaching garden. We will serve the greater community by establishing a demonstration and model farm and garden for offering classes and agriculturally based festival events to teach about the practices of Biodynamic agriculture as a path for healing the earth and our selves.
Goals and Objectives• Establish a demonstration Biodynamic herb garden that would serve as a platform for classes in the healing arts of aromatherapy, homeopathy, flower essences and plant distillation.
• Establish production for a Biodynamic CSA membership garden.
• Offer on-going adult classes in Biodynamic land management and food production.
• Offer educational field trips for school children to develop a relationship of connectedness and respect for the earth and the importance of eating fresh Biodynamic food.
• Develop apprenticeship training in Biodynamic agriculture, horticulture and land management
• Offer agricultural festivals and ceremonies for the community to celebrate the seasonal activities of the farm and garden.
• Produce the herbs for making the Biodynamic preparations.
• Establish production of the Biodynamic preparations.
• Research and document the effects of the Biodynamic preps and share the wisdom with the community.
• Establish appropriate facilities for year round programs, classes, Biodynamic herbal apothecary and a lab.
• Provide a space for teaching about the connections between the cosmos and the earth, including artistic activities which help toward a deeper understanding and appreciation of the interrelationship between the cosmos and humanity and the earth.